Fitness Trainer I, Golden Rain Foundation
Rossmoor, Walnut Creek
Rossmoor Walnut Creek is a nationally recognized community for active seniors who are 55 and older. With nearly 10,000 residents in 6,700 homes on 2,000 acres, Rossmoor is a beautiful, serene enclave about 25 miles east of San Francisco. Offering a vast array of activities, residents are inspired to create, enjoy, learn and participate in activities and sports that they never had time to learn or engage in when they were younger. With two golf courses, four swimming pools, tennis, pickleball, lawn bowling and numerous other activities, it is never dull in Rossmoor. Activity studios include dedicated facilities for art, ceramics, lapidary, sewing, and woodworking. Rossmoor also operates its own movie theater, TV station and weekly newspaper. There are more than 200 clubs in Rossmoor for every interest. Numerous clubhouses hosted 22,000 events and meetings on campus in 2019. In 2018, Rossmoor completed a $10 million renovation of its 30,000 square foot fitness center, which nicely complements other newer amenities like the event center, restaurant, table tennis pavilion, tennis complex and recycling facility.
Fitness Trainer I
Under supervision, this position provides fitness training to Rossmoor residents, through general training, personal training, leading group fitness classes and groups, providing general instruction and supervision on the fitness floor and performs other duties as directed by the Fitness Supervisor to meet the changing needs of residents.
This is a full-time position with scheduled weekend shifts. Benefits eligible including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave accrual and 401(k) with match.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide fitness evaluations in accordance with Fitness Center procedures, industry standards, and ACSM guidelines.
· Provide Fitness Center users with general health and fitness information, demonstrations and guidance in using fitness equipment.
· Design and implement appropriate exercise programs for residents, including those with special needs.
· Interface with residents to maintain resident awareness of fitness issues, Fitness Center resources, and other resources as appropriate.
· Assist and lead assigned groups, classes and activities in professional and responsible fashion.
· Provide back-up for Front Desk Coordinator, aquatics staff, and other fitness trainers as needed.
· Enforce Fitness Center policies and etiquette, demonstrating professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
· Other duties as assigned falling within the purview of the supervisor.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, time and priority management
- Demonstrated excellence in team work, collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior adults
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and ability to appropriately respond in difficult situations
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Education/Degrees:
- Fitness trainer certification from nationally recognized organization;
- Current and valid American Red Cross certifications in CPR, First Aid and AED;
- BA/BS in relevant field/specialty and/or specialty certifications a plus;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the fitness field as a trainer, preferably working with a senior population;
- Strong group fitness and aquatics group fitness background with senior population classes preferred;
- Live stream group fitness and virtual personal training capabilities a plus
- Must be willing to work regularly scheduled weekend shifts.
· Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
· Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
· Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
· Previous employment must be verifiable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $40.00 per hour