Fitness Taskforce - MOD/GM
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firm, is seeking a Fitness Taskforce MOD/ General Manager for the Chicago and Suburban Chicago area. The Taskforce General Manager manages and oversees the daily operations and programming of multiple facilities. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with great prior fitness supervisory skills, customer service and fitness/wellness experience and an opportunity to assist as a floating General Manager for various facilities in the Chicago area while shadowing our operations team for internal advancement and growth. Personal training background ideal but not required. Apply today for immediate consideration and full details. Starting base compensation of $45K plus commissions.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
- The Taskforce General Manager supervises staff and acts as the Manager on Duty
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facilities are only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times..
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Maintain onsite member contact log and request.
- Conduct faciltiy walk-throughs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Create and update schedules, pay rates, staff profiles, permisssion.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Director.
- Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management field preffered but not required.
- Flexibility in scheduling based on multiple sites needs, could work opening, mid, or closing shifts
- Ability to be mobile, site assignements may be in the Chicago loop or Chicago suburbs
- Experience in Mindbody Online
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- This position required the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, seeing, visual acuity (near and far) and hearing.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: golf clubs, computer, calculator or inventory control devices.
- Hazards include extreme temperatures and wet and humid conditions. This position will involve working with chemicals, detergents and cleaners and mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to operate motorized equipment
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
WTS International is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.