Fitness Supervisor -Tice Creek Fitness
Walnut Creek, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
About Rossmoor - Tice Creek Fitness Center
Rossmoor is a nationally recognized active senior living community for people who are 55 and over, located in the Tice Valley area of Walnut Creek, CA. The community offers a vast range of facilities and activities, like 27 holes of golf, three swimming facilities, 10 outdoor tennis courts, lawn bowling greens, bocce courts, billiards, table tennis facility, dog parks, hiking trails, dances, concerts, art and literature classes, etc. And, the recently renovated, full service Tice Creek Fitness Center.
Role and Responsibilities
The Fitness Supervisor must have experience and be comfortable working with a senior population, and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with seniors. Patience, flexibility, adaptability, creativity, a desire to serve, and a sense of humor are all helpful traits in the success of this role. Must be passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, and strong team orientation.
The Fitness Supervisor is responsible for carrying out Active Wellness and Partner commitments to service residence in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated trainers, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art equipment. This person supervises part-time and full-time fitness staff and external instructors in providing fitness training to Rossmoor residents; setting goals and processes as needed. Works with Rossmoor Advisory Committee, Active Wellness, residents, and facility staff to help develop new programs and activities to meet the changing needs of residents. Maintains records, reports, and information in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local law, ordinance and regulation; oversees equipment, supplies, safety measures, procedural and fitness staff operations. Assesses continuing education and skills improvement needs and arranges appropriate training as required. Responds appropriately to questions, concerns, emergency situations.
- Is responsible for overseeing the fitness center programs/services while leading the development and implementation of excellent programs and customer service to residents.
- Monitors and provides day-to day coaching to fitness staff.
- Ensure legendary customer service, spotless club environment and friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Be responsive to resident feedback.
- Prepare fitness staff payroll
- Assists with the development, planning, evaluation, and implementation of fitness programming for residents.
- Interface with residents to maintain resident awareness of fitness issues, Fitness Center resources, and other resources as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance to all Active Wellness and Partner operational and safety standards.
- Works with other departments in developing and supporting resident fitness events and opportunities (i.e. resident health fair, recreation events, etc.)
- Works with staff and outside vendors to develop new programs and classes and evaluate new equipment to meet resident needs.
- Other duties as assigned falling within the purview of Active Wellness and Partner.
- Assumes Manager On Duty (MOD) responsibilities based on MOD schedule.
- Develops and implements programs of interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations
- Uphold Active Wellness and Partner written policies/procedures and HR initiatives.
- Enforce policies fairly and consistently.
- Conduct quarterly safety training for all fitness staff.
- Monitor fitness staff performance. Advise and consult with Active Wellness and Partner to assist with evaluations in a timely fashion.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10 years' experience in the fitness field as a trainer; may substitute up to 2 years' relevant experience in a related health services field
- 6 years' experience in supervising fitness trainers or related skills
- Experience in fitness and wellness environment, excellent communication skills, leadership and management skills, customer service oriented, results oriented, computer skills, ability to multi-task, experience in leading a team and commitment to fitness industry.
- Advanced fitness trainer certifications from nationally recognized organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior adults
- CPR, First Aid Certified, AED
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to stand for several hours; ability to lift 50 lbs
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA, Active Wellness, and Partner safety standards
$23 - $25 hourly (DOE) + Teaching/Training Rate
This position is currently accepting applications.