Park Ridge, IL
Fitness Formula Clubs
Park Ridge, IL
The Fitness Specialist is responsible for providing direct support to the Fitness Director and/or Fitness Staff. This is a Personal Trainer-in-training program that helps develop newly Certified Personal Trainer to build more confidence in their skills/expertise, while working closely/directly with clients.
- Maintain a safe, productive and inviting exercise environment for members and guests
- Provide education and assistance to members on the proper use of fitness machines and equipment
- Provide fitness screenings and testing such as blood pressure and heart rate checks
- Monitor equipment and ensure that it is operating correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any inventory or maintenance needs on the fitness floor to Fitness Director
- Assist in the implementation and promotion efforts as they pertain to upcoming club events, new health and fitness programs, medical screenings, etc.
- Handle client questions and concerns at the fitness desk including but not limited to: taking payment for training sessions, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Fitness Director
- MUST have a Certification from a nationally-recognized program
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, friendly, outgoing and passionate about the health and fitness industry
- Currently enrolled in education or certification program of study within the fitness field
- Strong knowledge-base and competency in exercise testing and understanding of the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrate initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Must be able to bend and/or stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
Our Purpose as a company is to enhance the lives of our members and guests by improving their overall health and well-being
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position