The prestigious New York Athletic Club, one of the world's premier private clubs, founded in 1868 and located on Central Park South in Manhattan is seeking a full-time accredited full-time fitness professional to join the NYAC team and implement training programs for our clients. The fitness professional is responsible for accurately assessing clients at the start of their journey, compiling reports, and developing their fitness levels. They should be able to assist clients in reaching their goals, and have a passion and drive for health, wellness, and fitness.
To be successful as a fitness professional, you should stay up to date with the latest trends in the fitness industry and provide solutions to your client's fitness needs. You should distinguish yourself as an outstanding fitness professional in a highly competitive market while still being a team player. Ultimately, an exceptional Fitness Professional will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to add value to the NYAC.
- Degree in Exercise Science or a related field and at least 1 year experience in the fitness industry
- Certified Personal Trainer *nationally recognized accreditation required.
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Background in Post Rehab a plus, but not required.
- Basic Computer knowledge; (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Possess strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Development and implementation of fitness and wellness programs.
- Perform fitness assessments and orientations.
- Provide fitness and wellness instruction to members.
- Assist members in reaching individual goals.
- Supervise all members/guests.
- Ensure the safety of members/guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness and functioning of fitness equipment.
- Respond to all medical emergencies as appropriate.
- Assist in Program development and administrative tasks.
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing strategies/promotion.
Fax resume and cover letter with salary history to Denise Lacen, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE