New York, NY
New York Athletic Club
180 Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
The prestigious New York Athletic Club, one of the world's premier private clubs, founded in 1868 and located on Central Park South in Manhattan is seeking a regular full-time and part-time Fitness Professional.
- Degree in Exercise Science or related field and at least 1 year experience in the fitness industry
- Certified Personal Trainer (national accredited organization)
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Background in Post Rehab a plus, but not required
- Basic Computer knowledge; (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point etc).
- Strong Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Arrive to work on time and clock out when your shift ends (i.e. 2:00 pm not 1:50 pm). Arriving to work early doesn’t mean you can leave early unless it was approved by a manager.
- Be in uniform and in the fitness center at the time your shift is scheduled to begin (i.e. 6:00 am not 6:15 am).
- Maintain a clean/professional appearance (i.e. uniform, see NYAC handout).
- Only take breaks/lunch when scheduled or coordinated with manager on duty and make sure to only take the time that you are scheduled for (i.e. 1 hour).
- Perform fitness assessments and fitness center/gymnasium orientations when they are requested or scheduled.
- Assist all members as appropriate regardless if you are training or not.
- Training when you are the only person working is prohibited, the only instance where this is accepted is if somebody calls out sick and you must make up for lack of coverage.
- Supervise all members/guests and move around the gym/fitness center floor during your shift.
- Respond to all medical emergencies as appropriate.
- New program creating, development, and implementation.
- Limit computer use to off-peak times in the fitness center. Computer use during peak times is only acceptable if you have been given a project to complete on no notice. Regular projects must be completed during off peak times.
- Assist fitness and/or gym manager in program development of fitness center.
- Assist fitness and/or gym manager in administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing strategies/promotion of fitness center and gymnasium.
- Light duty cleaning and organization of fitness center and/or gym on a daily basis.
- Personal Training during your shift is limited to 3 hours a day; however, you can train as much as you want any time before or after your shift or on a day off.
- There must be one staff available to assist members while other staff is training.
- Manage to take on extra assignments/responsibilities on an as needed basis