Fitness Membership Sales Manager
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Fitness Membership Manager in Boston, MA. Intercontinental Boston has an exciting new management opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about the health and fitness industry. We are looking for a full-time Fitness Membership Manager. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, have a strong sales background and the ability to generate excitement around all the unique benefits of joining Intercontinental Health and Fitness we want to speak with you.
Our Full-Time Fitness Membership Manager will be responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly unit /sales goals by pre-planning the month with strategic outreach, in-house lead generation and securing member referrals. In addition to selling memberships, this role will also include an operational leadership component and MOD responsibilities. Prior experience in sales and fitness/recreation or hospitality preferred. Under the management of the Spa Director, the membership manager must have knowledge of all club programs, and products. Manager must keep current in knowledge of key competitors by staying abreast of trends and "shopping" competitors to compare facilities and sales trends. Manager must have ability to build rapport and lasting relationships with prospective and current members to build a strong referral base and retain members.
• Responsible for selling hotel fitness memberships
• Prospect new business and clients
• Host events and workshops for in-club lead generation
• Achieve or exceed individual sales goals, renewals and ancillary service goals
• Conduct pre-planning activities each month including strategic outreach, for securing member referrals
• Build rapport and lasting relationships with prospective and current members
• Provide facility tours to prospective members/sales presentations.
• Handle telephone solicitation, prospecting, and other follow-up.
• Complete paperwork for new members.
• Handle membership additions/deletions.
• Execute member retention program.
• Assist with the development of promotional materials to generate prospects, member introductory packet.
• Schedule facility usage for rentals and secure adequate staff.
• Keep reception desk fully appraised of any issues
• Attend all scheduled training and meetings as required.
• Attends meetings with supervisor
• Ensure the desk and surrounding area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
• Tactfully able to communicate and enforce rules with participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous sales experience preferred
• Confidence to perform on an incentive based salary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly disposition
• Personal passion for health and fitness
• Enjoy working within a team
• Strong time management skills and practices
• Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including weekends
• MUST be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• At least 6 months of experience working at a multi-recreational facility in sports/recreation programming.
• Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
• Possess the ability to prospect new members
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Good listening skills with the ability to show empathy.
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Must exhibit organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
• Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.