Lee's Summit, MO
Genesis Health Clubs
Lee's Summit, MO 64081
This position will oversee all aspects of the Personal Training department for a designated Genesis location; including recruiting, hiring, scheduling and training new personal trainers. As well as, ensure profitability of the personal training program by overseeing and following up with all new members, department goals and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the initial and continued training and education of all personal training staff.
- Maintain flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the members and the club.
- Track and record all new member fitness consultations and personal training sessions for reporting.
- Regularly meet with Club Manager to maintain club requirements and club operations.
- Complete profitability/goal reports on weekly and monthly basis to review with District Fitness Manager.
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are competed in a timely manner.
- Inspect personal trainers for proper new member follow-up.
- Maintain equipment and update online tracking system to ensure prompt equipment repair.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Perform all duties and assignments as necessary or required for personal trainers and any other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all aspects of the Genesis Health Club Staff Policy Handbook.
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the club.
- Provide input in developing strategies to support departmental goals and objectives.
- Recommend staff development/ educational activities.
- Develop and build a team atmosphere among personal training staff.
- Influence and motivate other staff members to perform at their maximum capacity.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members.
- Job Requirements:
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must hold a national recognized personal training certification and CPR certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Compensation: $40,000 to $60,000 to start
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.