WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Fitness Manager for a luxury residential property in South Beach Miami, FL. The Fitness Manager is responsible for the membership, group fitness & personal training sales, fitness programming and operations in a multi-department facility. The Fitness Manager supervises Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers and provides personal training to residents.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of WTS International.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all fitness facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a weekly and monthly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation. Also reports any current or future concerns to the General Manager.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including HR and payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department personnel and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands. Assesses all department and/or facility employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner. Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
• Conducts new member orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
• Ensures all employees are current in first aid and CPR and have all required fitness certifications.
• Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS International systems, Personal Training, and Group Exercise.
• Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the General Manager and WTS International corporate office.
• Maintains fitness bulletin board(s).
• Conducts risk assessments and health consultations maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Conducts fitness assessments, designs and implements individual workout programs.
• Demonstrates and coaches clients on the proper use of cardiovascular and strength equipment.
• Educates the members and/or guests on fitness-related topics.
• Motivates members and guests so as to meet the goals of the program.
• Ensures that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising. Promote safe technique and form when weight training.
• Arrives in advance of the scheduled session time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns.
• Dressing appropriately for working with members or guests.
• Keeps up-to-date on safety and fitness trends.
• Begins and ends all sessions on time.
• Ensures that all areas are left clean and neat.
• Has complete knowledge of all fitness services presently offered
• Attends all scheduled meetings.
• Attends scheduled professional trainings.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred in the area of Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field.
• Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must have excellent oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Must be in excellent physical condition.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Good verbal skills.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: medicine balls, resistance bands, free weights, bosu, jump ropes, steppers, selectorized equipment, cable assisted machines, calipers.
• This position may require exposure to noise and mechanical hazards.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.