The Edge Fitness Clubs
Manchester, CT 06042
As a Fitness Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, you are the face of the Fitness Department! You are a leader to your personal training staff as well as an assistant to the club General Manager. By mirroring our company core values of positive attitude, game excellence, hard work, and communication & teamwork, your role as Fitness Manager is critical to the overall member fitness experience and growth of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Directly responsible for the department's financial performance in total fitness services
- Responsible for hitting personal & club monthly sales Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
- Personal Trainer payroll & expense management.
- Partners closely with the Membership department ensuring that initial fitness assessments are being booked and the advisors are building value on the tour.
- Ensures that the PT presentations and fitness assessments (VFP's) are structured and standardized, consistent with corporate standards.
- Develops lead generation strategies with team.
- Establish Fitness Services sales goals for the Fitness Consultants and front desk employees.
Team & People Management:
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring and onboarding of personal training staff to keep staff budget at the forecasted levels.
- Develops a high performing team through coaching, teaching and training.
- Performance & KPI management of all fitness staff.
- Develop product knowledge of all staff
- Partner with the club Lead Trainer to develop and grow Personal Training staff.
- Effectively communicate all department initiatives, standards, and directives.
- Provides input and participates in performance assessment and termination processes for Personal Trainers, in partnership with HR, and Management.
- Establishes and develops a collaborative and results-focused Personal Training team.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace environment that provides opportunities for advancement for staff.
Supplement & Inventory Management:
- Orders all supplements to ensure that the club has enough on hand to hit its supplement goal.
- Manages the supplement profit & loss.
- A related University degree (in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology) or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2 years related sales experience,
- 2 years' experience in the fitness industry.
- 2 years of leadership and people management experience including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams and individuals to achieve goals and objectives across multiple locations. Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence all levels of the organization.
- Current CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun.
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry. The ability to make good judgements and quick decisions.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Coaching & Development: Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities. Provides timely guidance to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens & responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would. Acquires and applies this knowledge to accomplish results. Understands each department in the club and all services provided.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com