Fitness Manager - Corporate Fitness
$16-18 Hourly Part-Time + Great Commissions
Arch Amenities Group, the leading amenity management firm is seeking a Part-Time Fitness Manager for a fitness facility in Plano, TX.
The Fitness Manager is responsible for the membership, group fitness & personal training sales, fitness programming and operations in a multi-department facility.
The Fitness Manager supervises Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers and provides personal training to residents. . Personal Training Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA required.
Join us and apply today!
- The Fitness Manager supervises staff and acts as the Manager on Duty
- Conduct personal training and group training sessions, as well as teach group fitness classes. A true passion for being a hands-on fitness professional is a must.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operations Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client.
- Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
- Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field preffered.
- Nationally recognized certification from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, and/or AFAA.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Ability to lead, manage, and assist in fitness center operations.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Ability to learn a POS system, outline payroll and new hire program
- Ability to work nights, and some holidays.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience programing for and training a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead various formats of group exercise classes
- Understanding that changes to responsibility and duties may be made at any time.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 45-pound weights, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.