Share This With Your Friends!
Apply for Job
The Fitness Lead is responsible for assisting in directing group exercise operations to include: fitness schedule, maximizing participation while monitoring and training fitness attendants in keeping in line with Forbes standards. Responsible for fitness payroll and ensuring all fitness guests have been properly charged. Providing leadership and opportunities for overall program growth and individual skill enhancement.
Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Assist in the supervision of fitness staff (personal trainers and group exercise instructors).
• Records each sub request and accurately records all data on the substitution record.
• Records class attendance data at the end of each month and performs a weekly check of group exercise class numbers to ensure they are being recorded by instructors.
• Checks spinning room maintenance log daily (if applicable) and takes appropriate action.
• Performs a weekly check of equipment to ensure it's in working order and good condition (balls, mats, microphones, speakers, spinning computers, bike seats, etc.)
• Assists facility management in ordering equipment and parts for fitness classes.
• Works closely with facility management to keep up with trends and make appropriate changes to group exercise schedule.
• Reports any incidents or accidents to the facility management.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting for group exercise program, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy.
Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists for group exercise program through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for group exercise equipment.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Teaches fitness classes or personal training sessions.
• Arrives 5-10 minutes before the start of each class or session to make preparations (e.g., music, sound equipment, lights, fans, etc.).
• Ends each class or session promptly, ensuring that all equipment is properly stored; lights, sound system, and fans are turned off (if appropriate); and returns the microphone and any borrowed CDs to the fitness desk.
• Conducts safe and effective fitness classes, each of which should include a warm-up, cool-down, and stretch for all major muscles groups, as well as cardio and/or strength training segments. Offers variations to accommodate most if not all class participants.
• Recognizes and reports signs of distress in class participants and follows the emergency plan of action.
• Forwards all questions, complaints, and suggestions to the facility management for follow up.
• Attends monthly staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Provides excellent customer service following Forbes guidelines. r customer care techniques.
• Ensures all instructors are current in first aid, CPR and instructor certifications, where appropriate.
Maintains quality control of fitness program.
Certification from a nationally recognized fitness agency (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, AEA, WITS, It's Yoga, YogaFit).
Previous experience in personal training or group exercise instruction.
Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client.
Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting.
Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
Excellent customer service skills.
Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management field preferred.
Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
Ability to stand for long periods.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
This position required the ability to balance, stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
Must have flexibility with availability and able to work early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, weekends
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved.