Fitness Instructor (part-time)
We are seeking a part-time Fitness Instructor to teach fitness and/or aquatic classes, provide personal training to residents, instruct on fitness equipment and safety, administer assessments and monitor pool and spa to ensure resident safety.
20 hours/week: Wednesday - Friday from 8:00am-12:30pm and Saturday from 7:00am-2:00pm
- Teach a variety of fitness and/or aquatic classes at appropriate levels of ability and intensity, assessing the needs and capabilities of all class participants and teaching exercises in a safe and efficient manner.
- Act as Pool Monitor, ensuring safety and well-being of swimmers.
- Assess the needs and capabilities of individuals and devise personal exercise programs according to individual needs and level of fitness.
- Provide advice to individuals on the correct method and use of fitness equipment.
- Track resident attendance at fitness programs.
- Provide personal training to residents.
- Ensure resident safety during pool hours.
- Follow safety and rescue policies and procedures and emergency call procedures.
- Keep pool area and locker rooms safe and neat.
- Enforce pool rules and health regulations.
- Carry out pool closing procedures.
- Report equipment/environment issues.
- Maintain positive relationship with residents.
- Provide administrative support to Fitness Supervisor.
- Communicate resident issues/concerns to Fitness Supervisor.
- Ensure that fitness equipment is properly set up and maintained
- Consult with Fitness Supervisor to devise health and fitness programs.
- Notify the Fitness Supervisor when unable to fulfill schedule and arrange for substitute whenever possible.
- Maintain current Fitness, Water Safety and CPR certification.
- Ensure fitness areas and equipment are free of safety hazards by monitoring daily.
- Clean and sanitize fitness equipment daily.
- Check pool chemicals as scheduled.