WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Fitness General Manager for the Milwaukee Athletic Club. The Fitness General manager is responsible for directing all fitness & aquatic facility operations and related membership programs and services. This includes: developing and directing strategic planning efforts; driving all related fitness & wellness revenues while monitoring and controlling expenses to meet planned operating profits; creating and executing strategic business plans, programming, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual budgets and marketing programs, recruiting, hiring, and training all employees in accordance with established costs, procedures, and staffing needs; and providing leadership and opportunities for overall facility growth and individual skill enhancement.
The Fitness GM supervises all facility employees to include Personal Trainers, Group Exercise Instructors, Massage Therapist, Front Desk & Locker Room Attendants, Nutritionist and other facility staff and service providers as needed.
• Develops and maintains comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations templates .
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and forwards recommended changes to General Manager.
• Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes informational articles to the membership about fitness/wellness related programs and services, when applicable.
• Recruits the key personnel for Fitness and Guest Services. Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
• Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Directs and oversees all fitness and facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
• Projects a professional and polished image to employees, clients, business associates and the Club.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with the Club.
• Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
• Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users. Also, provides a continual focus on retention.
• Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Notifies Security for assistance with any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the General Manager..
• Directs and overseas all aquatic programs and services to include hiring and training of staff.
• Any additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in health fitness or business management field.
• Personal Training and or certifications associated with the industry are highly desirable
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a multi amenity facility.
• Experience with strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and financial management skills.
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.