Fitness Equipment Repair Technician- Washington DC
Fitness Equipment Repair Technician- Washington DC
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking Fitness Equipment Service Technician(s) that are self-motivated, responsible, hard-working, punctual, organized and have excellent communication skills. We are looking for the technician to deliver superior, top shelf club support. This position serves our clubs by repairing, maintaining, and servicing commercial fitness equipment. This position reports to our Manager of Fitness Equipment Repair.
Ideal applicant must possess and perform:
- Extreme knowledge to perform general fitness equipment repairs that include: treadmill belt replacements, small drive motors, understand voltage readings on all components, replace equipment consoles and perform stationary bike calibrations.
- Electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Experience with electronic boards is a must.
- Perform all troubleshooting and diagnostics of fitness equipment.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and professionally with our GM's, AGM's, Maintenance Managers, and all club staff.
- Should have a background in parts inventory management.
- Knowledge in the use of all tools, equipment, and material used for repairs.
- Ability to work within a predetermined geographical location as well as accept repair tickets as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leaves the club with equipment working and/or communicates explicitly any challenges.
- A no excuses approach to returning equipment to full operation.
- Takes responsibility for actions and results.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Service Channel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have mechanics tools, but some specialty tools will be provided.
- Must have a flexible schedule, and should be able to work nights and/or weekends.
- Manage a daily routine of service calls and perform repairs and emergencies as assigned.
- Ability to manage time tables and meet deadlines.
- Travel to any/all locations as directed.
- Perform overtime as required.
- Must be able to fill out reports and paperwork as needed to complete daily job tasks.
- Must maintain inventory level and work within the clubs assigned fitness equipment repair budget.
- Must make a professional appearance at all times and within Equinox standards.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and adhere to assigned performance protocols.
- Provide detailed feedback to the FER Manager on any and all challenges in the field.
- Solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement.
- Actively assist the team in the completion of goals and cost savings.
- Minimum of 1-2 years as a fitness equipment repair technician, within the health club/hotel/hospitality industry.
- Worked as a member of a team and in an environment consistent with meeting departmental goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lift, slide, or move up to 100 pounds and bend frequently.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer service requirements.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.