Fitness Director-(Under Construction)
Fitness Formula Clubs
***Interviewing process will start later in the year***
To originate, coordinate, promote, supervise, implement and evaluate quality fitness programs that will assist all members in achieving their fitness goals. To ensure that the fitness department be profitable, and meet or exceed the annual budget goals.
- Provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for members, guests and co-workers.
- Help retain and attain new members through club promotion and customer service excellence.
- Implement and closely monitor the Activtrax system to assist in maximizing member retention.
- Meet or exceed the Fitness Department Budgeted Net Income on a Quarterly and Annual basis.
- Acquire, maintain and service members by supporting their participation in programs and activities.
- Define performance standards and objectives for fitness staff.
- Develop and promote fitness related programs.
- Demonstrate ability in conducting all facets of fitness assessments.
- Knowledge of all fitness and non-fitness related programs taking place within the club.
- Conduct staff fitness and service training sessions on a regular basis.
- Establish relationships with our primary fitness equipment vendors.
- Expedite the repair of all fitness equipment as fast as possible.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all fitness staff.
- Provide updated and current information on all fitness related programs to all departments in a timely fashion.
- Attend national industry trade shows and conferences.
- Instruct group exercise classes.
- Personal train club members as necessary.
- Provide education and training on proper use of exercise equipment available to members.
- Hire, train and schedule all fitness instructors, Pilates trainers and personal trainers. Keep the department fully staffed at all times.
- Hire, train and supervise fitness department managers (group exercise, fitness service, athletics, fitness floor operations).
- Meet monthly with fitness instructors to develop, promote and implement new fitness programs.
- Contribute articles to Club's monthly and company quarterly newsletters.
- Actively participate in all phases of major club functions and special events.
- Participate in the MOD rotation.
- Submit annual fitness department budget as per instructions by General Manager.
- Involvement in the development of fitness department Procedures Manual.
- Oversee the maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the fitness center facility and equipment.
- Insure the physical environment is pleasing to the members in regard to cleanliness, atmosphere, and aesthetic appearance.
- Inspect all fitness equipment to assure the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness.
- Maintain the fitness offices so as to be fully presentable, orderly, and clean at all times.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science. One (1) or two (2) fitness related nationally accredited certifications. Current CPR and AED certification.
- Five (5) years of experience in a health and fitness facility. Two (2) years fitness facility or program management experience. One (1) to two (2) years supervisory experience. Must be experienced in conducting sub maximal fitness assessments. Must have performance management and staff motivation experience.
Our Purpose as a company is to enhance the lives of our members and guests by improving their overall health and well-being
This is a management position
This is a full time position