This position is located in Richmond, TX within an established neighborhood. The Director is responsible for overseeing the fitness center, staff, operations, financial reporting and programs/services for the client company’s employees while exercising good judgment in providing excellent programs and customer service to our members. The position requires the Director to independently think and creatively control the development, implementation and evaluation of ongoing innovative programming and find creative ways to welcome new fitness center members. The Director will oversee the day-to-day operations, work closely with other staff, fitness center members, vendors, and independent contractors, and is required to submit monthly reports to their supervisor. The Director is responsible for ensuring quality control and working with their supervisor and other key contacts to ensure that the company is providing the best possible service to the client company and its employees. The Director works both independently and effectively with customers and other staff to achieve and maintain the excellence standards set forth by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fitness Management or comparable required
- Personal Training Certificate from an accredited program required (NASM, ACSM, ACE, or similar)
- CPR and First Aid Certification required
- 2-3 years’ experience in fitness or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory or Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other presentation applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team, and perform detail-oriented functions
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs in all areas of the facility
- Oversee the supervision of employees, members within the fitness center
- Manages the facility’s budget including forecasting of realistic budgets for upcoming programs and reporting on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and counseling of staff members, in addition to staff training and development
- Develop and maintain team goals and initiatives.
- Provide personal training and consultation services to members and maintain clients per the need of the facility
- Develop and present monthly utilization, participation, and financial information
- Provide Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Report Information for Site.
- Accurately manage program supplies and inventory
- Coordinate special events, programs, fitness programs, and all events within the facility.
- Acts as the Fitness Coordinator/Supervisor developing fitness programs, certifications, class schedules, hiring instructors, and the inclusion of fitness into memberships
- Ensure quality control and work with other key contacts to ensure that the best possible service is provided
- Oversee and perform facility and equipment maintenance processes.
- Monitor the preventative maintenance program for equipment.
- Responsible for overall general facility appearance – bulletin boards, display cabinet, fitness room, magazine area, closets, walls, etc.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy for the facility using a variety of platforms
- Provides administrative support by answering questions, maintaining correspondence with other partners, interfaces with community groups, and actively promotes the facility throughout the community
- Performs additional responsibilities as required