Fitness Director -Part-Time- Corporate Fitness
$17.00/Hour Plus Commissions
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firm, is seeking a Part-time Fitness Director for a fitness facility in Phoenix, AZ
-This is a Part Time Fitness Director Role with additional hours for personal training and group fitness clients.
- Arch Amenities Group offers exceptional opportunities for internal advancement.
The Fitness Director will be directly responsible for the daily operations of the fitness facility including: group exercise, personal training, and special programming. The Fitness Director is responsible for implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, ensuring the highest levels of member/guest satisfaction while using their ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member/guest expectations. Personal Training Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA required.
Apply today to become part of an awesome, growing team!
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Club Policy.
- Conducts personal training, small group training, group exercise classes and educational seminars for a population with diverse needs.
- Sets monthly goals for fitness program revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks all fitness program offerings.
- Maintains quality control of all programs - personal training, group exercise and spa services.
- Ensures billing for all programs is done accurately and on time.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Works with the Corportate Operations Director to develop the Fitness page of the Club website, digital marketing displays, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the Front Desk staff to ensure operating check lists are performed daily.
- Responds to Member or Guest questions, comments or suggestions as needed.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Reviews and discusses any member suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field preffered.
- Nationally recognized certification from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, and/or AFAA.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Ability to lead, manage, and assist in fitness center operations.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Ability to learn a POS system, outline payroll and new hire program
- Ability to work nights, and some holidays.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience programing for and training a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead various formats of group exercise classes
- Understanding that changes to responsibility and duties may be made at any time.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 45-pound weights, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.