WTS International, one of the world's leading leisure, spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Fitness Director / Personal Trainer for a new Manhattan fitness facility in New York City. The Fitness Director manages and oversees the daily operations and programming of the community residents including Personal Training and current wellness trends. This position designs exciting programs, provides training to the staff, implements marketing and sales strategic plans with the support of the WTS corporate office, oversees facility maintenance, creates a positive team environment, and ensures the highest level of satisfaction to the residents and prospects.
Ideal candidate has proven track record of success in driving membership sales and PT revenue. Personal Training certificate from a nationally recognized agency required. In addition to strong commercial health club experience, a hospitality background is preferred. Compensation is $60K base plus personal training commissions and bonus.
• Develops and plans a diverse calendar of exciting resident programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, youth programs (if applicable), aquatic programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, social events, resident concierge services, and spa or personal care services (if applicable).
• Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
• Conducts new resident orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Works with Sales and Marketing builder teams to introduce prospective residents to the facility's amenities and programs.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair and submits these recommendations or issues to property management.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD schedule (if applicable)
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual residents and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Monitors and tracks resident utilization and program registrations/participation by establishing a tracking procedure. Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Works with the property management company to address resident questions and concerns.
• Reviews and discusses any client suggestions at staff meetings.
• Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, cable, and for a possible activities newsletter.
• Maintains bulletin board(s)
• Maintains monthly inventory of supplies and equipment
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree in Recreation and/or Fitness preferred
• Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA
• Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client
• Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
• Experience working with active adults preferred
• Recreational Management background preferred
• Experience programming events required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to stand for long periods
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 45 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.