WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Fitness Director. The Fitness Director, will be responsible for the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training and scheduling staff, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, supervising the staff in each area of the facility, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, and using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations. This is the perfect opportunity for a personal trainer looking to service the fitness community, gain clients and manage the fitness team. The hours are limited to M-F.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Assesses all department and/or facility employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Conducts new user orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Conducts personal fitness evaluations and program orientations according to WTS International standards and procedures.
- Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
- Ensures all employees are current in appropriate certifications
- Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS International systems, personal training, and group exercise.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the WTS International Operations Director.
- Reviews and discusses any client suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Maintains bulletin board(s).
- Additional duties as assigned
- College degree in Physical Education or related field preferred
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA
- Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting
- Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.