Bay Harbor, MI
Bay Harbor, MI
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Fitness Director for the opening and daily management of the new Fitness Center and Spa at the private Bay Harbor Yacht Club in Bay Harbor, MI. The Fitness Director will be directly responsible for the pre-opening and readying of the new facility, and then provide daily operations of the fitness facility including: group exercise, personal training, spa and special programming. The Fitness Director is responsible for implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training and scheduling staff, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, supervising staff, ensuring the highest levels of member/guest satisfaction while using their ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member/guest expectations.
- Adheres to policies of Bay Harbor Yacht Club.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Club Policy.
- Conducts personal training, small group training, group exercise classes and educational seminars for a population with diverse needs.
- Sets monthly goals for fitness program revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks all fitness program offerings.
- Ensures all employees are up to date in appropriate certifications.
- Ensures all budgeted goals are met both in attaining revenues and controlling labor and expenses.
- Maintains quality control of all programs - personal training, group exercise and spa services.
- Ensures billing for all programs is done accurately and on time.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Writes weekly update emails, articles for the bi-monthly bulletin and information for the Club website.
- Monitors the Fitness Page on the Club Website to ensure the content is accurate and thorough.
- Works with the Communications Director and Graphic Designer to develop the Fitness page of the Club website, digital marketing displays, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the Front Desk staff to ensure operating check lists are performed daily.
- Responds to Member or Guest questions, comments or suggestions as needed.
- Maintains a fully staffed department/facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Reviews and discusses any member suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field.
- Nationally recognized certification from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, and/or AFAA.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Ability to lead, manage, and assist in fitness center operations.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Ability to learn a POS system, outline payroll and new hire program
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience programing for and training a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead various formats of group exercise classes
- Understanding that changes to responsibility and duties may be made at any time.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 45-pound weights, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.