WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Fitness Director for a commercial location in Johnston, Rhode Island. The Fitness Director is responsible for the membership, group fitness & personal training sales, fitness programming and operations in a multi-department facility. The Fitness Director supervises Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers and provides personal training to residents.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
Engage members, tenants, and employees, while building a health and wellness community like none other through club programming, member events, tenant/employee events. Be as creative as you can be!
Act as on-site liaison to the client. Build strong working relationships with property management, concierge services, and/or employer contacts
Conduct personal training and group training sessions, as well as teach group fitness classes. A true passion for being a hands-on fitness professional is a must!
• Adheres to policies of WTS International.
• Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
• Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Conducts new member orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
• Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the General Manager and WTS International corporate office.
• Maintains fitness bulletin board(s).
• Conducts fitness assessments, designs and implements individual workout programs.
• Educates the members and/or guests on fitness-related topics.
• Motivates members and guests so as to meet the goals of the program.
• Ensures that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising. Promote safe technique and form when weight training.
• Keeps up-to-date on safety and fitness trends.
• Begins and ends all sessions early or on time.
• Ensures that all areas are left clean and neat.
• Has complete knowledge of all fitness services presently offered
• Attends scheduled meetings and professional trainings.
Enroll new members and conduct MyStart consultations or program evaluations to increase value and attain personal training and group training clients
• High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred in the area of Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field.
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Must be in excellent physical condition.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: medicine balls, resistance bands, free weights, bosu, jump ropes, steppers, selectorized equipment, cable assisted machines, calipers.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.