Fitness Director - Workout Anytime - North Hampton
Workout Anytime - North Hampton
portland, ME 04102
FITNESS DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Mission – Insure that the club meets its fitness programming sales goals. Conduct the necessary marketing activities to generate the required number of monthly fitness assessments and complimentary personal training sessions. Through a consultative sales process ensure the fitness team sells fitness programming to 25 – 50% of the prospects who attend assessments/complimentary sessions. Insure that all club members are provided with effective programming, coaching and support to reach their wellness goals. Ensure that all fitness staff provide an optimal member experience. Work to achieve the goal of completing at least 1 fitness appointment with all new members enrolling.
Certifications: Nationally accredited certification such N.A.S.M., N.S.C.A., A.C.S.M., A.C.E., or A.F.A.A. and current CPR.
Education: Preferred B.S. in a health and fitness related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 years of experience as a personal trainer – management and sales experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements: Job requires lifting of moderate to heavy weights on a regular basis.
Reports To: General Manager
• Ensure the fitness department generates the required number of monthly assessments/complimentary sessions necessary to achieve fitness programming goals.
• Ensure that the fitness team conducts fitness assessments with at least 50% of new members enrolled.
• Ensure that the fitness team confirms all appointments the previous day.
• Ensure that the fitness team enrolls at least 25% of all prospects completing a fitness assessment or complimentary session in a fee based fitness program.
• Oversee all fitness staff to insure they display a friendly, attentive and service oriented approach to all clients.
• Personally conduct fitness assessments, complimentary training sessions, and personal training sessions as required to maximize PT Sales and Retention.
• Help to ensure that the club is clean, well maintained, and that all equipment works properly.
• Reconcile all fitness programming revenue with sessions conducted and commissions to be paid and calculate and submit payroll for all fitness staff.
• Conduct on-going fitness and sales training with all fitness staff and insure that all fitness staff maintains legally required certifications including CPR/AED.
• Communicate with all fitness staff through meetings, memo books and direct contact to insure they are kept up to date on developments that affect the member experience.
• Personally contact all new members to welcome them to the club and ensure they attend their fitness assessment and complimentary training session/s.
• Personally participate in fitness continuing education to maintain and improve your expertise
• Coach and mentor each personal trainers and provide continuing education for the PT Team in the form of individual weekly meetings, regular audits of each trainer’s phone skills, assessment and selling skills, and program development and exercise coaching skills.
• Provide ongoing education in the form of required reading for training staff on program design, functional exercise, nutrition, etc.
• Insure that each trainer completes the Evolution Nutrition and Fitmetrix Education Curriculum to insure they are competent using nutrition software and heart rate monitoring software
• Create and update all fitness staff schedules to insure proper coverage.
• Review and update job descriptions and accountability grids for all fitness on a quarterly basis.
• Conduct semi-annual performance reviews with all fitness staff.
• Personally clock in and out for all shifts worked including lunch and other breaks.
• Insure all fitness staff maintains appropriate certifications including CPR/AED.
• Insure that we take pictures of all new PT clients (front, side, and rear views) AND that we take pictures again after 4 – 6 weeks or as clients make progress to document that progress with our clients and at the same time obtain written testimonials from all clients. Prior to taking any pictures have client sign photo release form.
• Following Workout Anytime Policies and Procedures insure that client before and after photos and testimonials are regularly posted on club’s Facebook and other social media accounts.