Fitness Director - Corporate Fitness
Midtown Manhattan, NY
Midtown Manhattan, NY
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness and management firms, is seeking a Fitness Director for a corporate fitness facility in Midtown Manhattan, NYC. The Fitness Director will be directly responsible for the daily operations of the fitness facility including: group exercise, personal training, and special programming. The Fitness Director is responsible for implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, ensuring the highest levels of member/guest satisfaction while using their ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member/guest expectations. Personal Training Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA required.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
Base starting compensation of $70K base plus 70% commissions on personal training. Exciting opportunities for internal advancement and apply today for immediate consideration.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Club Policy.
- Conducts personal training, small group training, group exercise classes and educational seminars for a population with diverse needs.
- Sets monthly goals for fitness program revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks all fitness program offerings.
- Maintains quality control of all programs - personal training, group exercise and spa services.
- Ensures billing for all programs is done accurately and on time.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Works with the Corportate Operations Director to develop the Fitness page of the Club website, digital marketing displays, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the Front Desk staff to ensure operating check lists are performed daily.
- Responds to Member or Guest questions, comments or suggestions as needed.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Reviews and discusses any member suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field preffered.
- Nationally recognized certification from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, and/or AFAA.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Ability to lead, manage, and assist in fitness center operations.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Ability to learn a POS system, outline payroll and new hire program
- Ability to work nights, and some holidays.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience programing for and training a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead various formats of group exercise classes
- Understanding that changes to responsibility and duties may be made at any time.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 45-pound weights, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
WTS International / LifeStart is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.