WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Fitness Coordinator. The Fitness Coordinator position will report directly to the Fitness Director as well as to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. The Fitness Coordinator provides supervisory support to the fitness team, specially group exercise instructors. They are responsible for providing customer service, group exercise supervision, and cleanliness and maintenance of the group exercise equipment and spaces. They will also participate in the MOD program.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Maintains JCC values and the JCC mission.
• Provides supervisory support for the group exercise and fitness team.
• Serves as a back-up for group exercise classes and floor shifts.
• Holds staff accountable for meeting the Basics to Excellence service standards. Participates in the rotation of weekly BTE Audits.
• Promotes all facility programs/activities by discussing other department areas that may assist members with a total facility experience. Must keep current with facility calendar - programs, events, and activities.
• Participates in facility events, activities, and seminars when directed by management.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Supervises the group exercise team to include, but not limited to, creating the schedule, completing fitness payroll, conducting yearly evaluations, finding group exercise subs, co-hosting fitness meetings, and staying on top of current fitness trends.
• Assists with small group training programs with providing instructors, payroll, and program registration.
• Coordinates group exercise equipment and studio maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Creates the preventative maintenance schedule for group exercise equipment.
• Completes items on daily cleaning checklist and regular preventative maintenance schedule for the group exercise studios.
• Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products and notifies Fitness Director of any needs.
• Provides an average of a minimum of 5 group exercise service hours per week
• Provides an average of a minimum of 20 personal training service hours per week
• Participates in the weekly huddle.
• Ensures team is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities.
• Participates in coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback using comment cards and other customer care techniques.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Meets with supervisor monthly/quarterly to assess progress.
• Cross promote with all other JCC departments on a regular basis.
• Keeps current in first aid, CPR, personal training, and group exercise certifications.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Fitness Director and General Manager.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in exercise science
• Prefer a minimum of three years of service experience, preferably in the fitness industry.
• Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client.
• Currently group exercise and personal training certifications
• Has a minimum of 5 years group exercise experience.
• Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training.
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Work Schedule - Tuesday through Saturday schedule,sSome early mornings and evenings; varied to include holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.