The Edge Fitness Clubs
Norwalk, CT 06851
The Edge Fitness Club's front desk is the hub where all of the day's business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants are stationed. It's the area members approach when they need help or want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and follow The Edge's mission statement.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Brings The Edge culture to life by ensuring each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying "hello" and "goodbye", while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Proactively manages and resolves all member concerns and complaints that are brought forward. Maintains detailed communication related to the issues and complaints in Datatrak. Escalates any serious concerns and complaints to the GM.
- Provides exceptional customer service to retail operations (shake bar & pro-shop and juice bar items).
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile, answering member questions or transitioning a prospect's telephone inquiry over to a Membership Advisor.
- Effectively schedules, cancels or reschedules personal training appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the clubs daily revenue goals and helps drive the business, not babysit the business.
- Strives to continuously improve the member experience, revenues and retention rates.
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell product.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the club.
- Set and attain all personal and professional monthly generating dollar goals.
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar, retail area and in the coolers.
- Assists the Membership Team in signing prospects in as "guests" when visiting the facility.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout shift.
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all company policies and club standards.
- Contributes to creating a culture and environment consistent with company values and standards for employees and members.
Education & Experience
- A University degree is preferred.
- A strong focus on the customer/client.
- Related industry experience preferred (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Great communication skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Analytical Skills: Analyzes and interprets diverse information to develop appropriate sales strategies.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one's own unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
Position type & expected hours of work
This is a part time or full time position with varied hours based on the needs of the business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 200 lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com