New York, NY
New York, NY
We are looking to add to our Active Wellness team of talented, knowledgeable, professional, fierce FITNESS CONCIERGE with positive energy and a passion for motivating member.
The Fitness concierge is responsible for managing the fitness floor, being responsive to members and guests by aiding, and educating Active Wellness members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment. This person also provides package prescriptions, answers facility related questions, and sells personal training packages.
- The responsibilities of a Fitness concierge include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling personal training sessions for new members
- Assist with new member outreach and follow-up with infrequent users
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights. Includes picking up loose towels, water bottles, magazines, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Perform blood pressure checks
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
- Work together as a team with all departments
- Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
- Be the club 'goodwill' ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce Active Wellness policies, such as cell phone use, etc.
- Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 or 4-years college degree in fitness related field or certificate from accredited 2-year program at a university preferred
- Previous health club personal training experience is a plus
- Communication skills, customer service oriented
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification Required upon date of hire.
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.
Physical and Working Conditions:
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 45 lbs.,
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
$13 Per Hour
This position is currently accepting applications.