Fitness Center Manager
Arch Amenities Group
Chicago, IL 60607
Arch Amenities Group, one of the world's leading spa and fitness and management firms, is seeking a Fitness Manager for a fitness facility. The Fitness Center Manager manages and oversees the daily operations and programming of the facility.
Compensation for this role is $23-$26/hr plus bonus and personal training commission.
- The Fitness Center Manager supervises staff and acts as the Manager on Duty
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the Arch Amenities Group operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operations Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client.
- Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
- Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in health/fitness or accredited personal training certification
- Prior supervisory experience in multi-amenity facility preferred but not required.
- Strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and financial management skills
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- This position required the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, seeing, visual acuity (near and far) and hearing.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: golf clubs, computer, calculator or inventory control devices.
- Hazards include extreme temperatures and wet and humid conditions. This position will involve working with chemicals, detergents and cleaners and mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to operate motorized equipment
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Personal Training and or certifications associated with the industry are highly desirable
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.