Fitness Center Director
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firm, is seeking a full time floating Fitness Center Director for multiple corporate fitness facilities in the Chicagoland area. Fantastic career opportunity and chance to work at multiple AAG corporate fitness environments! The Fitness Center Director oversees the fitness operations for the facility and is eligible for commissions on personal training, but this certification is not required for this floating role. Apply today to join our team! Base of $45K potential commissions.
The Fitness Center Director will be directly responsible for the daily operations of the fitness facility including: group exercise, personal training, and special programming. The Fitness Director is responsible for implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, ensuring the highest levels of member/guest satisfaction while using their ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member/guest expectations. Personal Training Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA preferred but not required.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Club Policy.
- Conducts personal training, small group training, group exercise classes and educational seminars for a population with diverse needs.
- Sets monthly goals for fitness program revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks all fitness program offerings.
- Maintains quality control of all programs - personal training, group exercise and spa services.
- Ensures billing for all programs is done accurately and on time.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Works with the Corporate Operations Director to develop the Fitness page of the Club website, digital marketing displays, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the Front Desk staff to ensure operating check lists are performed daily.
- Responds to Member or Guest questions, comments or suggestions as needed.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Reviews and discusses any member suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field preferred.
- Nationally recognized certification from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, and/or AFAA preferred but not required.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Ability to lead, manage, and assist in fitness center operations.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Ability to learn a POS system, outline payroll and new hire program
- Ability to work nights, and some holidays.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience programing for and training a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead various formats of group exercise classes
- Understanding that changes to responsibility and duties may be made at any time.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 45-pound weights, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
Join the AAG corporate wellness team and love what you do every day. Our Fitness Center Directors and Fitness Center Managers receive continuing education and generous industry discounts. Staff are encouraged to create their ideal fitness community with full company support. Our corporate fitness team members work a standard schedule of Monday - Friday, enjoying weekends and work life balance. We offer competitive salaries, free gym membership, great commissions and exceptional opportunities for internal growth and career advancement.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.