Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
• Associate's Degree or higher degree in Physical Education or related field.
• AND 1 Academic Year of teaching/tutoring experience in Physical Education at the high school left or above.
• OR An equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
• Bachelor’s Degree in physical education or related field and work experience.
• Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Capability to operate varied Audio-visual equipment and computers including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Turning Point, and the Internet.
• Experience supervising: The ability to supervise daily operations of the Fitness Center, as well as the ability to supervise work-study students, and exercise supervision and authority of responsibilities.
• Excellent human relations skills in associating with students, faculty, administrators, and visitors.
• Ability to command respect and exercise authority in dealing with students.
• Experience with organizing and maintaining accurate records, data, and inventory.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple competing demands, prioritizing, and maintaining accuracy.
• The applicant (the employee) should demonstrate knowledge of and an interest in diverse cultures and populations.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver’s license background check.
Notice: All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. Century College does not sponsor visas.