The Fitness Attendant is responsible for the general supervision of a fitness center and fitness studios.
• Sets-up, maintains and cleans fitness equipment
• Welcomes guests & members, explains programs and activities, teaches guests how to use the equipment
• Reports and resolves complaints
• Maintains attendance records and ensures rules and regulations are enforced in a tactful manner
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
• Attend all scheduled training and meetings as required.
• Meet with supervisor on an established basis.
• Ensure the desk and surrounding area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Community C.P.R. certification
• Standard First Aid certification
• At least 6 months of experience working at a multi-recreational facility in sports/recreation programming.
• A strong work ethic
• Possess effective verbal communication and expression.
• Good listening skills
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Must exhibit organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
• Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.