The Yale Club of New York City is conveniently located in the heart of midtown Manhattan right across the street from Grand Central Station and a short walking distance from Port Authority in Times Square, which makes it a perfect location for commuters.
The Yale Club was formed in 1897 to maintain a clubhouse for the use and benefit of alumni from Yale University. Our grand 22-story building opened its doors in 1915 and has become a home away from home for thousands of Yale alumni over the past century and now welcomes 14,000 members and reciprocal members. We strive daily to make these experiences memorable.
Our staff is a group of dedicated, high performing professionals who make the Club a special place for members and foster an enjoyable work environment for all.
The Yale Club of New York City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Yale Club makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
The Squash Attendant serves as the first point of contact for the Club’s Athletic package holders and their guests. The individual is responsible for the proper opening and/or closing of the fitness facility, maintaining the fitness center, and assisting with fitness and squash initiatives. This position plays a key role in athletic package membership retention.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Greet all members warmly, enthusiastically and by name (smiling, eye contact), maintaining an atmosphere that motivates long-term participation and member retention.
- Maintain a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and appearance at all times.
- Book squash, gym, pool and massage reservations using online scheduler in accordance with booking policy.
- Assist members in securing squash games, lessons or using equipment.
- Handle member and guest inquiries and provide solutions where applicable as they arise.
- Have knowledge of current Yale Club fitness programs, classes, and all athletics related services.
- Maintain facility cleanliness and organization, including picking up and restocking towels and equipment wipes.
- Assist members / guests with Gift Shop purchases.
- Ensure proper opening and closing of facility.
- Perform daily charges using POS system.
- Perform administrative duties and office support for the Athletic Department.
- Perform an hourly walk through of the facility to inspect and ensure that all equipment used by the members is fully functional and in good operating condition.
- Stock food and drink items in the Gift Shop.
- Retrieve Packages/deliveries and properly inventory and store items.
- Assist department staff with fitness and squash related communications and marketing.
- Address member complaints and concerns quickly and effectively.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Fitness and Wellness Director and the Squash Pro.