Job Title: Fitness Advisor (FA)
Reports To: Assistant Club Manager; Club Manager
Expected Results: In Support of the Genesis Intentional Culture
1. Purpose: The Fitness Advisor embraces the Genesis Purpose, treating staff as family and working diligently to help people take charge of their health!
2. Mission: The Fitness Advisor ensures the Genesis Mission is executed to the fullest extent within the club, fulfilling the commitment we make to members regarding the quality of their club experience and our ownership of their health and fitness results.
3. Values: The Fitness Advisor behaves in accordance with the Genesis Values, setting the bar for the standards and principles of behavior that are essential to fulfilling the company’s Purpose and executing its Mission.
4. Tools: The Fitness Advisor uses the Genesis Awareness, Communication, and Conflict Resolution Tools to facilitate effective operations throughout the club.
5. Brand Absolutes: The Fitness Advisor models and reinforces all five Genesis Brand Absolutes for the team, supporting and building a positive reputation of the Genesis Brand in the community.
Responsibilities and Expected Results: In Support of Club Performance & Member Experience
1. Sales Department Responsibilities
· The FA is 100% competent with the Genesis Sales Process and consistently performs against all Sales Department KPIs:
1. Lead Generation: 10 Leads Per Shift; 80 Contacts
2. Appointment Sets: 6 per Shift (day)
3. Appointment Shows: 2 per Shift (day)
4. Closing Percentage: 50%
5. Buddy Referrals: 5 Per Sale
· The FA utilizes the Genesis Digital Guest Waiver and CRM System (Club Sales) accurately and effectively 100% of the time.
· The FA competently performs thorough and engaging Value Tours, Price Presos, and TO Requests 100% of the time.
· The FA engages in the sales process with integrity, transparency, and in compliance with all membership requirements.
· The FA ensures proper member onboarding with 70% PFA scheduling, 50% RBT completion, 40% Group Attendance, and completes all new member follow up activities per company guidelines.
· The FA participates in daily KPI check-in meetings and weekly sales trainings.
2. Member Experience
· The Fitness Advisor supports the overall member experience by working daily to build authentic, energized, life-long relationships with members and team.
· The Fitness Advisor facilitates supportive resolution of member concerns and complaints, seeking to find a “win” for both the club and the member.
· The Fitness Advisor assists members with membership changes, freezes, and cancelations according to department training and guidelines.
3. Facility & Operations
· The Fitness Advisor performs a daily club walk to inspect the facilities, equipment, safety and cleanliness; participates in locker room checks each shift.
· The Fitness Advisor submits maintenance tickets in real time using the work order system for any facility or equipment issues reported or discovered.
· The Fitness Advisor supports the Front Desk Team with member concerns, questions, or check-in support as needed.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
Qualifications – Fitness Advisor
· Genuine passion for people, fitness, hard work, and leadership
· Minimum 1 year of experience working in sales, fitness, or hospitality industry
· College degree strongly preferred
· Ability to run Excel, Word, Outlook and other software packages used by the company
· Effective communication, conflict resolution, and time management skills
Requirements – Fitness Advisor
· This position is full-time with a variable schedule; the ability to work days, evenings, and weekends according to the needs of the club
· Regular and consistent use of the facilities; weekly participation in Group Ex Classes
· Reliable transportation to and from work
· This position has an inherent amount of physical and mental stress; all candidates must be prepared and capable of adapting to such conditions
· This position requires physical exertion; standing, walking, lifting, handling, thinking, problem solving, calculating are all required and often constant.
· CPR and First Aid Certification required
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.