Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and amenity management firm, is seeking a full time Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Specialist to supervise and oversee maintenance for Verdure Athletic Club, a premier fitness facility, in Amarillo, TX. The Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Specialist is responsible for creating a pristine, upscale resort style appearance throughout the club amenities, maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment, paying special attention to detail and reaching above standards of daily maintenance and upkeep for the entire Club facilities. Responsibilities include the day to day maintenance of the fitness facility, custodial duties, room setup for meetings and events, minor repairs, painting, pressure washing and area grooming.
$18 / Hour
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of WTS International.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Director.
• Conduct continual walk-through of the property to review and assess condition of facility and grounds.
• Set up all program and event spaces throughout the day which includes set up and break down of chairs, tables, presentation equipment and audio/visual equipment.
• Vacuum carpeted areas, dust furniture, dust baseboards, mop tiles areas, and clean surfaces.
• Empty trash receptacles through clubhouse and outdoor amenities and remove any loose trash from surrounding areas.
• Remove cobwebs and clean exterior of amenities.
• Clean and sanitize toilets, toilet bases, counters, mirrors and other restroom fixtures, stock restroom with supplies such as paper products and soap.
• Follow a maintenance schedule including daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks.
• Ensure all rooms and amenities are cleaned, stocked, and maintained.
• Replace light bulbs and HVAC filters.
• Maintain and groom clay tennis courts daily.
• Assist with street light audits.
• Pressure wash as assigned by Director.
• Minor building repair and light carpentry as needed.
• Perform routine painting work, interior and exterior.
• Works and communicates with vendors such as landscape, pool, HVAC and pond management.
• Follow all the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• Maintain a work order communication log of maintenance and housekeeping concerns, issues, and repairs to be communicated to Director on a weekly and as needed basis.
• Responsible for understanding the rules and guidelines for each facility and room layout.
• Report on a regular basis to the Director on all issues concerning participants, residents and guests in general.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe Club and working environment area at all times.
• Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or directed.
• Responsible for clocking in at the beginning of your shift and clocking out at the end of your shift along with recording it on a time sheet.
• Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
• This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or may require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• Other duties, as assigned by Director.
• Experience with building maintenance and/or formal mechanical training.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Strong work ethic and ability to follow directions.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Strong team player.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Work hours varied to include some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move furniture and equipment.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
• This position required the ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, talk and hear.
• The employee is required to use shoulders to fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is required to work outside in varied weather, including heat, cold, rain and wind
• Normal work hours will include varied shifts during the week, as well as Saturday and Sunday. The schedule for this position is based upon the needs of the community.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.