Assists clients in meeting personal health goals by creating an individualized plan for lifestyle and activity through motivational interviewing, rapport building and positive coaching (reinforcement). The team member is responsible for the support and development of the Center for Health Improvement by assisting with recruitment, education and encouragement of healthy lifestyles in the West Orange community.
• Communicates daily with all participants using equipment to investigate areas where participants need additional exercise guidance and provide that support to them.
• Administers fitness assessments and related health exercise/health tests to the "apparently healthy" and high risk populations; provide fitness testing; implement safe medically sound exercise prescriptions according to ACSM guidelines.
• Educates participants on pre-designed health improvement self-care skills and assist in the curriculum development of these special programs.
• Instructs stretching, warm-up and cool-down activities; routinely communicates with existing membership on exercise information pertinent to their needs.
• Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
• Develops written care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action.
• Assist in forming solutions and reinforce pre-defined goals with client.
• Provides health coaching, counseling, consultation and information to clients managing various health conditions using a comprehensive point of view.
• Demonstrates the ability to multi-task by performing any one or all of the following simultaneously:
o Effective coaching skills (motivational interviewing, active listening, etc.)
o Timely responsiveness to client inquiries and needs
o Utilize a positive and empathetic attitude with clients
o Assimilate, analyze and instruct clients using evidence based guidelines, in the moment research and/or consultation, applying the information gathered to a session in the moment
o Works collaboratively within a team setting to provide positive outcomes for clients, peers and overall operations
• Serves as a system and community resource person; prepares and delivers lectures to groups both inside and outside the center.
• Provides administrative support to the Center.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with the healthcare team, referring physician(s) and the medical director.
• Maintains testing equipment.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Collaborates with and refer to appropriate healthcare providers, as needed.
• Attends meetings, seminars, workshops relating to the promotion of fitness, adherence to exercise, and other job-specific events as required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or related field.
Maintains current BLS certification.
Health Coach Certification from an accredited institution (i.e., American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Society of Health Coaches, Duke Integrative Medicine, etc.). Must be certified within first six (6) months of hire.
Two (2) years of experience working with clients in a health setting.