Executive Spa Director
New York, NY
New York, NY
WTS International, the world's leading spa and fitness management firm, is seeking an Executive Spa Director for a 5 star luxury hotel property in New York City. The Spa Director manages and oversees the daily operations of the spa department including: creating treatment menus that include current spa and wellness trends; designing an exciting lifestyle retail inventory; meeting the budget and financial goals of the spa; implementing marketing and sales strategic plans with support of the WTS corporate office; providing training utilizing luxury standards to the staff; overseeing facility management and maintenance; supervising the staff and creating a positive team environment, and ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained. This role oversees Spa, Fitness, Salon & Retail.
Compensation package includes competitive $110 - $120k base salary plus exceptional bonus structure - Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply today for immediate consideration!
• Supervises daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, cash handling procedures, and general facility maintenance.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
• Keeps up-to-date on spa trends and incorporates them into the treatment menu and all marketing campaigns with support from the WTS International corporate office.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations and marketing initiatives.
• Develops or updates a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all fitness facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations templates.
• Develops, through use of a provided template, weekly and monthly management reports outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations.
• Develops a monthly client reports that addresses key initiatives and statistics for the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including HR and payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department personnel and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines. Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in budgeting process and effective payroll management.
• Ensures that the financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan.
• Develops and implements proper inventory and purchasing procedures.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback.
• Ensures all employees are current in any required licensure and certifications.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
• 5+ years of successful spa management experience.
• Prior spa experience in a luxury 5 star / 5 Diamond hotel environment preferred.
• Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
• Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Creative in marketing and promotions and sales oriented.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
• CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.