The Events Coordinator must be well-organized, enthusiastic and competent in vendor management and sponsorship solicitation. Communication skills, passion and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. The goal is to assist theGeneral Manager to organize unforgettable events that will ensure the entertainment of participants and facilitate the completion of business objectives.
• Understand requirements and the clients wants for each event
• Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints
• Book venues and schedule speakers
• Procure proper licenses and permits needed for events
• Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
• Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
• Work with the Facility and Special Event Director to manage all event operations (preparing venue, marketing etc)
• Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
• Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
• Evaluate event's success and submit reports
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents and guest by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Proven experience as event coordinator
• A proven track record of organizing successful events
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent vendor management skills
• Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
• Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
• Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
• Able to handle stress and remain calm
• Problem-solving ability
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.