Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking full time Estheticians for Balian Springs Spa in Alexandria, VA.
The Esthetician is responsible for providing various cosmetic procedures including facials, waxing and body treatments. The Esthetician will maintain the highest level of product knowledge as well as all spa services presently offered.
Our ideal candidate will hold a valid Esthetician license. The compensation for the Esthetician role is an hourly rate plus service and retail commissions. Apply today for immediate consideration!
- Ensures the "AAG Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Performs facials, waxing, and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Customizes treatments based upon present skin condition(s).
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule. Arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid state license in esthetics or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous esthetic experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendations.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: steamer, extractor, facial products such as masks, peals, and lotions, hot wax, tweezers, brow brush, LED lights, steamer, cleansing tools, gloves, finger cots, hot cabbie, paraffin heater, hand towels, disinfectants, and sterilizing solutions.
- Work conditions include exposure to odors, fumes, and vibrations.
BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW OF BALIAN SPRINGS
Just like heaven...
Balian Springs curates unique wellness journeys for those seeking a meaningful balance between mental, physical, personal, and social wellbeing. Our amenities, designed to transport you to your favorite tropical oasis, include a luxurious beauty spa, delicious and nutritious eateries, relaxing lounges, healing hydrotherapy pools, detoxifying saunas, and more.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled therapists who are ready to be active participants in our members' wellness adventure.