Equinox Hotels- Senior Manager, Architecture
New York, NY
New York, NY
Equinox Hotels- Senior Manager, Architecture
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Rumble, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Senior Manager, Architecture is responsible for overseeing the design and construction process of luxury lifestyle hotel projects, to ensure Brand requirements are achieved, and also for contributing to brand direction and innovation.
For this role, we are seeking a highly organized, proactive, collaborative, hands-on architect, interior designer, or project manager with design background. This position reports directly to the SVP of Design and requires the ability to work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment. This position is based in our Flatiron headquarters in Manhattan, New York.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and passionate about hospitality design
- Team player, managing design process of all aspects of the hotel design, collaborating closely with owner/developer, architects, interior designers, MEP, kitchen consultants, Equinox Hotels operations team, etc.
- Act as single point of contact for hotel projects on Brand side, and know when to bring in other internal Equinox members as required
- Manage expectations of all stakeholders - internal Equinox team, owner/developers, consultants
- Make consultant recommendations, provide feedback on RFPs, review proposals
- Review drawings and specifications, and provide operational feedback for all designs during design presentations and workshops
- Work closely with internal Equinox team to direct the brand vision for each location, and ensure all designs meet Equinox operational requirements
- Manage required internal reviews and approvals to ensure timely Equinox response
- Ensure shop drawings, submittals, and alternates achieve operational requirements, and manage required internal Equinox reviews to ensure timely response Identify, manage, and resolve design related issues during construction
- Participate in site reviews during construction and identify risks to opening date
- Develop schedule for handover of project to hotel operating team
- Obtain alignment with all stakeholders on opening date, and report internally on risk items
- Provide regular updates on project status to Equinox senior leadership team
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required to suit projects, approximately 40-60 days per year
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior/Environmental Design, or Project Management, and minimum 8-10 years in the oversight and direct involvement of large scale hospitality design projects or commercial interior developments, in all stages of project development
- Ability to develop strong business relationships with all project stakeholders
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans and specifications
- Fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Sketchup, and Bluebeam
- Ability to lead project meetings with owner/developer, architects, interior designer, contractors, and other consultants, agents, and vendors, representing Brand
- Ability to develop, communicate and successfully implement a management strategy to execute projects
- Proven successful track record in delivering large scale hospitality design or other multi-use facilities
- Financial sensibility, and understanding of construction and other project budgets
- On-site construction field administration experience
- Broad knowledge of development and construction methods, and codes/requirements for building, energy, and accessibility
- Highly developed aesthetic sensibility and attention to detail, combined with the ability to efficiently execute design brand vision
- Understanding of luxury and the discerning customer's desire for refined ambience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Personality is key, no egos
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time employment
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for growth
- Complimentary Equinox Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit https://careers.equinox.com
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.