Fitness Formula Clubs
The Endurance Coach responsibilities consist primarily of staffing weekly coached small group workouts, clinics, and events for the Fitness Formula Clubs (FFC) Endurance Coaching programs (ffc.com/endurance). Programs spread across all FFC club locations (voted "Best Health Club" in Chicago by Competitor Magazine three years in a row), including FFC Lincoln Park - recognized as the first and only USA Triathlon certified performance center (ffc.com/usat) in the midwest.
Endurance coaches include both sport-specific and and multi-sport coaches who are certified instructors for swimming, cycling, running, and/or triathlon training. Group workouts include classes and clinics that are part of the FFC TriMonster triathlon training (ffc.com/trimonster) ) and FFC RunMonster Half and Full Marathon Training (ffc.com/running) and include, but are not limited to, developing workouts for and coaching:
- Swim Technique Classes and Open Water Swim Clinics
- Endurance Running & Interval "Track" Running
- CompuTrainer Cycling and Outdoor Group Rides
- Triathlon Training Bike+Run "Brick" workouts and clinics
Most classes follow periodized programs to help athletes train towards specific team events, including the Chicago Triathlon, Chicago Marathon, Leon's Triathlon, Chicago Half Marathon, and several Ironman events. Programs may include coaching duties and opportunities to staff event expos and races while representing and supporting one or more of FFC's endurance teams and/or charity partner training programs. Coaches are also encouraged to support athletes at events and also race as part of Fitness Formula Clubs's RunMonster, TriMonster, and IronMonster branded endurance clubs and/or select charity partners.
Endurance Coaches are also available to conduct 1-on-1 private lessons (30 and 60 minutes) and private online coaching, including developing and distributing online training plans via TrainingPeaks.com for local and/or remote athletes. For more details on services provided by endurance coaches please visit ffc.com/endurance and ffc.com/product-category/endurance-training/
TriMonster (ffc.com/trimonster) is FFC's in-house USA Triathlon Official Club and 2014 USAT Club National Champions. IronMonster (ffc.com/ironmonster) is FFC's IRONMAN Tri Club Program team, 2013 Champions of Ironman Wisconsin and Ironman 70.3 Steelhead. Ironman is registered trademark of World Triathlon Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop workouts for FFC Endurance Programs.
- Lead weekly training sessions.
- Coordinate with Head Endurance Coach for planned absences
- Recruit new participants through club promotion and customer service excellence, and assist staff with recruitment efforts.
- Wear appropriate coach uniforms, team, and charity partner apparel.
- Ensure pools, studios, and performance centers are kept clean and equipment returned to original location.
- Cycling Coaches: Contribute to the CompuTrainer studio, maintain equipment properly, ensure cleanliness, and instruct CompuTrainer classes.
- Notify Endurance Training Coordinator of equipment needing repair.
- Be present during race event weekends to ensure ALL participants finish safely.
- For outdoor workouts: provide clear maps to all participants and mark course as needed.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
- Establish and execute emergency plan for all training sessions.
- Engage and support athletes through email and authorized online / social media channels, and promoting FFC, TriMonster, charity partners, and sponsor brands.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science in an Exercise Science related field preferred.
- A 'Level One' or higher National Governing Body Certification (USAT, USATF, USAC, USMS/ASCA, RRCA, IRONMAN, etc.) preferred.
- Racermate CompuTrainer Coaching experience preferred for Cycling coaches..
- Two years of practical coaching experience.
- Two years or more of endurance racing experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for endurance sports
- Current CPR /AED Certification
Our Purpose as a company is to enhance the lives of our members and guests by improving their overall health and well-being
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position