New York, NY
New York, NY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Furthermore from Equinox is the leading digital publication for high performance lifestyle content, delivering definitive, expert-vetted science in beautiful ways through proprietary articles, photography and videos that combine in-house fitness and wellness expertise with global tastemakers in travel, food, fashion and technology. http://www.furthermore.equinox.com
- Write/assign/edit stories for daily publication; topics of focus include food/recipes, fitness, science/medicine, Q&A/profiles, reported and news-driven pieces
- Collaborate with creative team on monthly photo and video shoots
- Assist editorial team with weekly and monthly newsletter execution
- Work closely with social media manager to shape daily social content and develop unique social franchises
- Assist with the management of the Furthermore home and category page layouts, i.e., propose and curate content packages to live on the site's home page and category pages
- Work with editorial team on the development and execution of paid and non-paid content partnerships (idea generation, content production, editing and writing)
- Assist with the hiring and management of editorial interns
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in journalism/publishing with some digital focus
- Experience in assigning to and top-editing a stable of qualified writers
- A strong background in trend-spotting and reporting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- A passion for idea generation and big thinking
- Experience with content management systems
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.