Edge Kids Manager
The Edge Fitness Clubs
Philadelphia, PA 19116
Our Edge Kids Programming along with Coaches attention, enthusiasm and creativity sets the Edge apart from our competition. Edge Kids provides an active, upbeat and motivating atmosphere where Fitness Meets Fun!
The Edge Fitness Club's Edge Kids Manager is responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of the Edge Kids Clubs under their management.He or she provides leadership to accomplish overall departmental objectives. Our Edge Kids Manager will work hand in hand with General Manager and team to guarantee operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Edge Kids Supervisors to ensure successful execution of Program Curriculum.
- Works in Collaboration with General Manager and Sales Managers to ensure safe and secure rooms while maintaining positive customer experience.
- Reviews weekly schedules to ensure proper staffing within budget.
- Create Strategies to ensure the vision (ie: need to coach and or hire new coaches) Always looking forward.
Team and People Management
- Maintains managerial oversight of club supervisors and coaches. Communicates regularly with Club General managers and Corporate Department heads regarding performance of each location.
- Understands the Company and Edge Kids Mission statements, core values and overall culture of business, leading by example and holding all coaches accountable to the spirit of the Edge.
- Works closely with General managers on making the decision to hire Edge Kids supervisors and Coaches.
- Collaborate with Supervisors to recruit, interview and ultimately make the decision to hire staff for the Edge Kids department.
- Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement.
- Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member's customer service skills through practice and training.
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to encourage and motivate staff.
- Arranges meetings with underperforming staff to provide a coaching session and a progress improvement plan.
- Meets with the Supervisors weekly to make a plan on how each individual coach is going to maintain and improve performance to create positive customer experience. Takes the time to coach and teach how that coach will be successful.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate team's Success.
- Attends monthly corporate conference calls to review club's current status and reinforce team building, and education
- Corresponds daily with the department heads about the state of the state, communicating any needs or concerns.
- Conducts reviews of their employees with the help of each supervisor and department head.
- Personally conducts or appoints supervisors to walk through of their club daily to ensure that the equipment, program schedules, marketing and overall room maintenance are meeting Edge standards and is promoting our brand.
- Ensures that all Edge Kids marketing and materials are accurate and up to date.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and maintaining relationships with the customers to ensure their experience.
- Committed to delivering excellent member service and operates as the "mayor" of Edge Kids by greeting members by name and build rapport.
- Educates and enforces new club policies and procedures and ensures consistency.
- Responds quickly to member issues and complaints in a timely and courteous fashion.
Education and Experience
- Has history of leadership and people management of functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals.
- Experience in youth programming preferred
- Experience in exercise science preferred
- Experience in working with children
- CRP certified a plus
- First Aid certified a plus
- Epi Pen certified a plus
- Bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, balancing
- Aerobic activity
- Sustained physical exertion
- High energy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviours. Builds trust with others through openness and candour. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
- Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behaviour on others.
- Initiative: Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
- Negotiation Skills: Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
- Safety: Places high value on workplace safety of self and others; maintains a clean environment. Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions; follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
- Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
- Continuous Improvement: Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impacts.
- Managing Change: Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. The ability to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk.
- Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Conflict Management: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict.
- Inspires Vision: Articulates a clear image of the future or sense of purpose and inspire others to believe and work towards it.
- Influencing Others: Gains others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Forward Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com