Benefits include Free Family YMCA Membership, full medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and retirement. YMCA matches 6% retirement after 2 years!
1. Job Summary:
The School Aged Child Care Site Director is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the school age child care site and will plan, lead, and evaluate group experiences. This position operates at a specific school age site. The incumbent provides high quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
2. Essential Functions:
- Plan, develop, supervise, and implement the program activities at the site.
- Manage curriculum planning for the site.
- Develop and distribute parent communications.
- Assist with the promotion of the Branch and school age child care programs to the community.
- Make ongoing systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Obtain and update all registrations, contracts, release forms, and emergency forms that pertain to administration of the school age child program at the site.
- Maintain required program records such as attendance, daily schedules, and rosters.
- Manage site budget.
- May hire and supervise staff.
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
This position reports to the Senior School Aged Child Care Program Coordinator/Program Director. The incumbent interacts with participants, parents, staff, school employees, and the community. The incumbent will have regular contact with children and parents of diverse backgrounds.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience working in a professional child care or school aged program.
- Education in child development, child guidance, human relations, or recreational programs and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent skills in planning activities for various ages, staff supervision and development, communication, organization, and human relations.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Degree in education or recreation.
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous supervisory experience.
5. Work Conditions:
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities which include getting in the water during swimming.
- Ability to travel locally to YMCA branches and other program sites.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Must be able to remain alert in warm to hot environment for prolonged period which may include indoor pool, outdoor activities, bus rides, etc…
- May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, lifting, writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the child care environment.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from branch representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.