Director of Operations - Salon & Spa
WTS International, the world's leading spa consulting and management firm is seeking a Spa and Salon Director of Operations for Gambrills, MD.
The Spa and Salon Director is responsible for oversight and consultation of the operation of the facility to include: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison between WTS and the ownership, and professionally represents the facility and WTS International to the general public. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Assists client with the onboarding and ongoing training of facility staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
• Provide input and observations to client regarding performance of staff.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the facility is safe and secure at all times.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Ensures that the spa & salon is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
• Implements a strategy attract both local and corporate groups and promotes all service offerings to attendees.
• Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
• Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
• Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
• Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the client's accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
• Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa equipment and supplies.
• Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
• Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years in Spa management position and operational experience with at least 3 years as a Director of a Spa.
• Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience.
• Full working knowledge of spa, salon, wellness programs and products.
• Computer literate and working knowledge of Spa software and Spa scheduling systems
• Working knowledge of accounting processes, particularly payroll, budgeting and revenue/expense management.
• Strong communication and supervisory skills.
• Working knowledge & familiarity with Retail & Professional product controls and inventory.
• Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
• Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Creative in marketing and promotions.
• Sales oriented.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
• CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.