Director of Human Resources - Equinox Hotels
New York, NY
New York, NY
Director of Human Resources - Equinox Hotels
Equinox Hotels will cater to the high-performance traveler guest and those aspiring for high performance and will fuse substance and style to serve as the ultimate hotel destination with a 360-degree lifestyle experience. Offering the bespoke experiences and unparalleled services consumers have come to expect from Equinox over its 25-year history.
Equinox is the arbiter of high performance living. Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2016, the company is in a category of one, positioned strategically at the intersection of substance, style and luxury.It has become globally recognized as a provocative lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
IT'S NOT FITNESS. IT'S LIFE.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success.We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Director of Human Resources with Equinox Hotels will manage Human Resource related activities including succession planning, talent management, recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee labor relations initiatives. The Director of Human Resources will also provide strategic guidance and consultation to all levels of Company leaders, including executives with regard to policy/practices/collective bargaining agreements and employment law by maintaining active knowledge of Human Resources issues, National Labor Relations Board case law and fostering positive labor/management relations.
- Provide support on all labor relations functions including counsel, education, influence, continuous improvement and trend analysis
- Administer and interpret multiple collective bargaining agreements
- Assertively represent management position and professionally respond to governmental agencies
- Participate in negotiations planning, bargaining and contract implementation utilizing a demonstrated forward-thinking approach while being challenged by dynamic, evolving and adverse conditions
- Write bargaining proposals and contract language as well as executive and post-arbitration briefs and responses to agency charges
- Build strong partnerships with management to enable business changes and working condition impacts that trigger effects bargaining
- Represent Labor Relations with Human Resources and/or Operations on project management initiatives to deliver comprehensive and well-executed outcomes
- Progressively manage labor concepts and workplace matters to successfully resolve issues, differences and drive change in a thorough, progressive and creative manner
- Investigate and evaluate union complaints or arguments to determine viability
- Lead design, development, implementation and sustainability of centralized learning programs, such as onboarding, brand immersion, professional/corporate/property and management development programs
- Consult with cross-functional teams to lend expertise to department-specific learning programs, align courses into competency-based curricula and build career development tools
- Implement training and development strategies to continuously improve performance and customer service
- Plan and forecast the short and long-term talent requirements for the hotel to support its business plans
- Build a strong career and succession planning system to retain and develop talent
- Develop presentation materials for senior management related to current projects across compensation functions
- Assist in the design of compensation programs, including modeling of financial costs, disclosure considerations and drafting communication materials
- Manage the administration of the Company's long-term incentive plan participants including new participants, forfeitures and related communications
- Partner with Equinox core HR team, outside compensation and legal firms as assigned to ensure our plans are competitive and compliant with all federal and state laws
- Maintain an awareness of competitor human resources activities and best practices
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience in the hospitality industry
- BS degree within a related study (Certified PHR or SHRM-SCP a plus)
- Understanding of all aspects of labor and human resources related laws, regulations, policies , principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to the NLRB, Title VII, EEO, ADA AND FMLA
- Understanding of all aspects of compensation trends, regulations including 409A and FAS123, and best practices
- Confident, progressive and professional interface with representatives of labor/union affiliates through complex issues and unpredictable dynamics
- Proven experience in negotiations preparation, bargaining, implementation and administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements representing employers in the service/hospitality, entertainment, craft maintenance, security and transportation industry
- Ability to strategically interact with all levels of leadership, influence recommendations and activate decisions
- Proven ability to serve as the Company advocate for all facets of grievance and arbitration management
- Possess strong analytical skills and savvy strategic business thinking in a complex, multi-dimensional, innovative environment
- Confident, persuasive and impromptu ability to articulate perspective, influence and showcase effective verbal and written communication skills to peers and leaders
- Strong organizational and time management skills to independently and simultaneously manage multiple priorities within in a high volume of work scope
- Solid technical business/executive writing skills and experience
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and ability to learn required business systems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE