WTS International is seeking a part time Director of Fun for Parrish, FL! The Director of Fun is responsible for the coordination and general oversight of lifestyle programs, major marketing events and amenities within the community; to include, but not limited to: youth, wellness, nature, social and special events, as directed by the board of directors and/or developer. The Director of fun is responsible for coordinating with the marketing department to assist with prospective buyer and resident initiatives, Relator relations and overall home sales efforts.
Nights/weekends required and our ideal candidate will have prior recreation, hospitality, events and facility management experience. Apply today for immediate consideration!
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents, guests and prospective buyers by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, and maintenance.
• Presents a monthly Lifestyle Director's report to the board of supervisors and client.
• Plans and directs a wide variety of programming and services for the community to include but not limited to: social, sports, fitness, aquatics, life enrichment, youth, teen, community bike share program, prospect & marketing events, as well as large scale public events.
• Works alongside the marketing & development team.
• Coordinates with the marketing team and onsite sales representatives to ensure the community lifestyle program is properly presented to prospects, realtors and current residents.
• Documents program participation & resident feedback.
• Assists in the solicitation of resident testimonials, lifestyle photos, event videos, event attendee feedback to be used in a variety of marketing channels for the community.
• Creates a calendar of events and community newsletter as required by client.
• Promotes all programs, events and social clubs in the community through a variety of marketing channels to include, but not limited to, a community app & website, newsletter and calendar of events, flyers, posters, email blast, etc.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors resident and guest feedback through customer care techniques.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy. Reconciles registration software and POS system as required.
• Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Works in cooperation with the CDD & HOA management teams to ensure communication is clear when responding to resident and client inquiries.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client, including monthly board meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
• Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the community, placing a high emphasis on resident service and satisfaction.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from management and/or residents in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Assists with budget planning, preparation and forecasting as needed.
• Collaborates with the marketing team on lead-management, survey analysis and database management.
• Implements and maintains community retail shop and website.
• Minimum of two (2) years progressive development and experience in the field of special events & resident program planning and execution.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and executing major festivals and events, including volunteers, staffing, logistics and sponsorship development.
• Prior experience working in a new construction community is preferred.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Ability to lead a group of staff members, volunteers, subordinate staff and volunteers in major programming and events.
• Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment while setting up and breaking down events and activities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to utilize new technology and communication methods in preparing messaging for residents, public and client.
• Experience in public speaking and presentations.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree in recreation, leisure services, or a related field highly desirable.
• CPR, First aid & AED Certification preferred or willingness to obtain
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.