WTS International is seeking a Director of Fun for Parrish, FL! The Director of Fun is responsible for the coordination and general oversight of lifestyle programs, major marketing events and amenities within the community; to include, but not limited to: youth, wellness, nature, social and special events, as directed by the board of directors and/or developer. The Director of fun is responsible for coordinating with the marketing department to assist with prospective buyer and resident initiatives, Relator relations and overall home sales efforts.
Nights/weekends required and our ideal candidate will have prior recreation, hospitality, events and facility management experience. Apply today for immediate consideration!
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents, guests and prospective buyers by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, and maintenance.
• Presents a monthly Lifestyle Director's report to the board of supervisors and client.
• Plans and directs a wide variety of programming and services for the community to include but not limited to: social, sports, fitness, aquatics, life enrichment, youth, teen, community bike share program, prospect & marketing events, as well as large scale public events.
• Works alongside the marketing & development team.
• Coordinates with the marketing team and onsite sales representatives to ensure the community lifestyle program is properly presented to prospects, realtors and current residents.
• Documents program participation & resident feedback.
• Assists in the solicitation of resident testimonials, lifestyle photos, event videos, event attendee feedback to be used in a variety of marketing channels for the community.
• Creates a calendar of events and community newsletter as required by client.
• Promotes all programs, events and social clubs in the community through a variety of marketing channels to include, but not limited to, a community app & website, newsletter and calendar of events, flyers, posters, email blast, etc.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors resident and guest feedback through customer care techniques.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy. Reconciles registration software and POS system as required.
• Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Works in cooperation with the CDD & HOA management teams to ensure communication is clear when responding to resident and client inquiries.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client, including monthly board meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
• Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the community, placing a high emphasis on resident service and satisfaction.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from management and/or residents in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Assists with budget planning, preparation and forecasting as needed.
• Collaborates with the marketing team on lead-management, survey analysis and database management.
• Implements and maintains community retail shop and website.
• Minimum of two (2) years progressive development and experience in the field of special events & resident program planning and execution.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and executing major festivals and events, including volunteers, staffing, logistics and sponsorship development.
• Prior experience working in a new construction community is preferred.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Ability to lead a group of staff members, volunteers, subordinate staff and volunteers in major programming and events.
• Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment while setting up and breaking down events and activities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to utilize new technology and communication methods in preparing messaging for residents, public and client.
• Experience in public speaking and presentations.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree in recreation, leisure services, or a related field highly desirable.
• CPR, First aid & AED Certification preferred or willingness to obtain
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.