Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Cosmetologist for Hotel Arista in Naperville, IL, an upscale luxury Forbes salon & spa facility.
The Cosmetologist is responsible for providing beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating the scalp. The Cosmetologist may also apply makeup, perform men's haircuts, and perform special occasion styles for bridal parties.
Our ideal candidate will have a valid license in Cosmetology and will already have clientele and expand through all of our sites opportunities. The compensation for the Cosmetologist includes both service and retail commissions. Apply today for immediate consideration!
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in AAG' Basics to Excellence (BTE), AAG' Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and AAG' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and Arch Amenities Group.
- Performs hair services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
- Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
- Creates stylish updos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
- Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
- Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
- Begins and ends all appointments on time.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently licensed in Illinois
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous hair stylist experience preferred.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: scissors, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, color products, brushes, combs, curlers, clips, foils, and bleach.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, mist, fumes, odors, chemicals, and burns.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.