Corporate Operations Director
New York, MD
New York, MD
WTS International, the world's leading spa consulting and management firm is seeking a Fitness focused Corporate Operations Director to work remotely as part of our Corporate Team from New York City. The ideal candidate has extensive operations experience in commecial athletic and fitness centers. The Corporate Operations Director runs the day-to-day operations of the facility. The Operations Director finds ways to make the facility more productive by providing effective methods for its business operations. The Corporate Operations Director will be responsible for the management and supervision of the daily operations of multiple WTS accounts including fitness centers and recreational amenities to include establishing and meeting operational and financial goals. The Operations Director will ensure positive interaction with clients that will result in account retention.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of WTS International.
• Ensure that Managers are completing all daily financial and operational reports
• Available to respond to Manager and Client calls and/or e-mails within 24-48 hours depending on the nature of the communication
• Conduct one on one calls with each Manager to include:
• Client Communication
• Operations and Staffing
• Programs and Promotions
• Safety and risk management
• Send a weekly or bi-weekly client e-mail to summarize items from Manager meetings with a copy sent to Corporate Supervisor
• Site visit (as individual account budgets permit) and meeting with Manager to include:
• Basics to Excellence walk-though and checklist
• Site visit report and action points
• Financial performance review
• Client meeting and review of Monthly Client Report
• Review, edit, and submit to Client and Corporate Supervisor the Monthly Client Report to include:
Completed Basics to Excellence checklist
Monthly DSR (if applicable) or other relevant statistical data
Corporate Operations Director Meeting/Conference Call
Individual Meeting with Corporate Supervisor to include reports on each account
Regional Operations Director Meeting/Conference Call (if applicable)
Regional Managers Meeting/Conference Call (if applicable)
Communicate all corporate updates and new initiatives to Managers and ensure compliance
• Supporting the Recruiter with building a management bench by conducting interviews with potential candidates as needed.
• Management of incentive programs to ensure that bonuses and incentives are paid when earned and that the program is fair and consistent.
• Basics to Excellence Secret Shopper Report on all facilities included with report for the last month of the quarter
• Marketing and Programming Plan review and planning for upcoming quarter
• Re-assess communications plan and "pieces to the puzzle" each account
• Six month forecasts for each account
• Regional Manager Meeting to include training, development and regional updates
• Budgets for each account
• Marketing and programming plans for each account
• Performance reviews for each Manager
• Annual account review and report
• Clearly communicates the mission and goals of the organization to direct reports and creates and implements strategies for those in the division to accomplish them. Communicate with all levels of spa personnel and provides consistent direction on policies and procedures. Sets priorities and makes team agenda and strategy clear to all team members.
• Pro-actively communicate with clients to develop positive relations and account retention.
• Resolves client and guest satisfaction or employee related complaints which have been elevated from management. Interfaces with legal and human resources to obtain procedures for various customer and employee related charges.
• Develops and implements customer service standards and training programs to ensure that all facilities achieve desired service levels.
• Measures results and implements improvement plans as needed.
• Responsible for the creation and administration of new revenue initiatives for existing operations. Supervises the development and approves marketing / promotional strategies to assist facilities in maximizing sales volume, profitability and customer traffic.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Ensures that all facilities are meeting or exceeding budgeted goals inclusive of management incentives for WTS International. Maximize portfolio value by meeting incentive goals.
• Sourcing and interviewing potential candidates for employment as managers. Mentors and trains management team. Trains, motivates and develops management personnel to achieve high level of morale and efficient use of human resources as well as to ensure safe and profitable operations.
• Assists in business development and contract acquisitions as requested.
• Assist with consulting assignments, operational audits, and pre-openings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of five years supervisory experience in the leisure management field. Multi-site supervisor experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in the area of Hospitality, Exercise Science, Health Education, Business or related field.
• Spa management experience preferred but not requried.
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Must have excellent oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the industry.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to negligible force constantly to move objects.
• This position required the ability to balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, fax machine, and copier
• This position may require exposure to noise, fumes, chemical and mechanical hazards.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.