Copywriter, Social Media
New York, NY
New York, NY
Copywriter, Social Media
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Social Media Copywriter - co-reporting to the Senior Director, Copy & Brand Voice and the Director of Social Media Marketing - will be responsible for creating all social copy written to engage members, communicate with our social audiences, enhance brand loyalty and drive customer acquisition.
The ideal candidate will be a digital and social trendsetter at the forefront of what is now, new and next in design, content trends, storytelling, new technology and emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. He/she will be an excellent writer and strategic thinker developing content that is social-first, based on consumer content consumption behaviors, informed by analytics and balanced with brand pillars.
- Craft exceptional social-first copy through tweets, posts, and Stories, setting the bar for creativity and passion while distilling key messages down to their essence
- Applies social media analytics in order to write more effective copy
- Work closely with Design and Social teams to collaboratively solve social marketing challenges
- Partner with Senior Director, Copy & Brand Voice to creating Social Copy Playbook
- Execute against social briefs, delivering on-point copy that is truly aligned to the spirit of the social brand voice
- Help edit, guide and inspire others in the business when it comes to details of social brand voice
- Be a social media advocate working cross functionally with Equinox teams, ensuring social communities are represented as a critical member and follower touch-point
- Understand the social media universe and stay current with social media trends, language, outlets, and resources to achieve the best performance on social platforms
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about emerging social media platforms and competitive activity
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices for content creation and distribution
- 3+ years experience writing and editing copy for social channels
- BA in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Strong conceptual understanding of copy and executional ability
- Strong drive for executional excellence, attention to detail when finalizing copy
- Strong communication skills to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams
- Proactive, self-sufficient working style - able to manage up and manage across several teams
- Creative problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.